Friday, March 06, 2009

Justin Timberlake - "My Love"


Why? Do I need a reason?

OK, fine: because it's Friday, and because I need a break from the logorrhea that's afflicted me lately, I thought I'd post my one of my favourite videos of the last few years. This is the full version of Justin Timberlake's "My Love" complete with jammed-sounding intro with Timbaland doing his thing (rather more successfully than T.I. later in the song, which is saying something given their respective reputations as rappers).

Anyway, it's still a great song, even if one or two of the lyrics veer a tad close to the wince-making. Mainly it's all about the dancing, which looks supercool (at least to this rhythmically-challenged soul), especially as the vid starts strobing between the black and the white backgrounds. At the end, the camera does almost a vertical 360 around Justin, which makes the intricate moves he's making in the air look mental (Sorry, I'm just not tooled up with the latest critico-theoretical language used to describe dance). Ahh thank goodness: the weekend just arrived...

1 comment:

Jerome Samson said...

Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com